Opera GX is a new web browser that has been gaining popularity in recent months. It is based on the Opera browser, which is known for its speed and privacy features. However, there are some concerns about Opera GX that have not been addressed yet. One of these concerns is whether or not Opera GX sells your data to third-party companies.
How does Opera GX collect data, and is it shared with third-party companies?
Opera GX collects data in several ways. It can collect data about your computer, such as the type of operating system you are using and the browser plugins that are installed. Opera GX can also collect data about your browsing habits, including the websites you visit and the search terms you use.
Some of this data is shared with third-party companies. For example, the website-loading statistics that Opera GX collects are sent to Google Analytics. However, Opera has stated that it does not share personally identifiable information with third-party companies.
We use this data to conduct legitimate business activities, such as:
- To integrate better with how people use our apps and services;
- To modify, enhance, or otherwise improve our applications and services;
- To evaluate the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and marketing;
- To find, diagnose, and repair application and service crashes;
- To avoid security breaches and exploitation.
What should you do if you’re concerned about your privacy?
If you’re concerned about your privacy, then you can take steps to protect yourself. One of the best ways to do this is to use a VPN service. A VPN service will encrypt your traffic and keep it safe from prying eyes. Opera GX comes with a built-in VPN service, which you can use for free.
You can also disable some of the features that Opera GX uses to collect data. For example, you can disable the browser’s crash report feature. You can also choose to opt-out of the Opera GX beta program. However, keep in mind that some of these features may impact the browser’s performance.
Compare Opera GX to other browsers in terms of data collection:
Opera GX is designed to collect as little data as possible. In fact, the browser doesn’t even track your browsing history. This means that Opera GX does not sell your data to third-party companies.
Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, collect a lot of data on users. This data is then used to sell ads. Opera GX does not have this business model, so you can rest assured that your data is safe with us. Try Opera GX today and see the difference!
Summarize the pros and cons of using Opera GX:
If you’re a gamer, you’ve probably heard of Opera GX the world’s first gaming browser. But what is it, and should you use it, or is it just a gimmick?
Opera GX is a gaming browser that has some clear advantages over other browsers, such as not selling your data to third-party companies and being designed to collect as little data as possible. However, it also has some disadvantages, such as being based on the Opera browser and not having all the features of a full-fledged gaming browser. Overall, Opera GX is a good choice for gamers who are concerned about their privacy.
Opera GX has some clear advantages over other browsers.
- One of the biggest advantages is that it doesn’t sell your data to third-party companies. This means that your data is safe with Opera GX. The browser also comes with a built-in VPN service, which you can use for free.
- Another advantage of Opera GX is that it is designed to collect as little data as possible. This makes it a more private browser than others on the market.
- Finally, Opera GX comes with some features that are designed specifically for gamers. For example, you can set limits on how much CPU and RAM the browser can use.
However, Opera GX also has some disadvantages.
- One disadvantage is that it’s based on the Opera browser, which is known for its speed and privacy features. If you’re already using Opera, there’s no real need to switch to Opera GX.
- Another disadvantage of Opera GX is that it doesn’t have all the features of a full-fledged gaming browser. For example, it doesn’t have built-in support for Twitch or Steam.
- Finally, some people find the design of Opera GX to be too gimmicky. If you’re not into gaming, you might want to stick with a more traditional browser.
Opera GX is a web browser that is designed for gamers. It includes features that are specially tailored for gamers, such as built-in game recommendations and Twitch integration. However, one question that some people have about Opera GX is whether or not the company sells user data.
If you’re concerned about your privacy while using Opera GX, you can rest assured knowing that your data is not being sold. However, if you want to browse the web completely anonymously, you may want to consider using a different web browser.